Steps toward self love
Anyone you will ever encounter in life have some flaws and insecurities that they have. Yes, you can love yourself, but it’s completely human nature to have something about you that you can’t just accept. It could be you think you are too skinny, or you want to lose weight, or your forehead is too big, or your left leg is slightly longer than your right, the list continues.
In order to realize how to love yourself, you have to learn and accept that God designed all of us different. My pastor says, “You are a designer original.” Ain’t no one else out there like you, shares the same DNA as you, and has the same walk in life as you.
You have to stop buying into the lies the enemy is forcing upon you. Know that you are enough. You are a beautiful soul, you are smart, you are bold, and you are so much more than what anyone will ever tell you.
A journey toward self love isn’t always easy, but it is worth it. You have to develop a solid relationship with yourself before you can do so with someone else.
Here are a few tips I’ve found helpful in my journey to self love and confidence
- God loves you the way you are. You don’t need to change who you are to meet anyone else’s standards.
- Know that everyone has an opinion. No matter what you do, someone will always have something to say.
- If you really don’t like something about yourself, make the necessary changes to become a better person. Gain or lose weight. Change you hair. Go back to school or make a career change. But whatever you do, do it for you!
- Find joy in small things. Take what life gives you and grab it with an iron fist.
- Learn how to love being alone, but also make time for the ones you love.