11 Scriptures to Ease Your Anxiety
We’re always told to visit scripture for moments when you want to know what God wants for you to do.
Here are my favorite scriptures for moments when my mind is unsettled and I turn to God to calm my spirit.
1. Matthew 6:25-34
25. “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?
26. Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
27. Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
28. And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.
29. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
30. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?
31. So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’
32. For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
33. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
34. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
2. Proverbs 3:5-6
5. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6. in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
3. Philippians 4:6-7
6. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
7. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
28. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
29. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
5. Psalm 55:22
22. Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.
6. Isaiah 41:10
10. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
7. Psalm 94:10
10. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.
8. 2 Corinthians 12:10
10. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
9. Philippians 4:13
13. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
10. Psalm 23:4
4. Even though I walk through the darkest valley I will fear no evil,for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
11. Psalm 56:3
3. When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.